This Policy is issued by BlockQuake Holdings, LLC on behalf of itself, its subsidiaries and its affiliates (together, “BlockQuake”, “we”, “us” or “our”). This Policy describes our information handling practices when you access our website located at blockquake.com, or any other websites, pages, features or content we own or operate (collectively, our “Sites”).
“Personal Data” means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. This Policy covers all Personal Data that you voluntarily submit to us and that we obtain from our partners or other third-party sources.
The terms “Process”, “Processed” and “Processing” refer to anything that is done with any Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, which may include but is not limited to collection, recording, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, restriction, erasure or destruction.
This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the Processing of Personal Data, or changes in applicable law. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully, and to regularly check this page to review any changes we might make in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
By visiting, signing up, accessing and using our Sites, you consent to the terms of this Policy and consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described below. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Policy, you should immediately discontinue access or use of our Sites and associated services.
Except as described in this Policy, BlockQuake will not give, sell, rent or loan any Personal Data to any third party.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data in order to provide you with access to our Sites and their associated services. Certain Personal Data we collect from users is required as we are required by applicable law to collect this Personal Data or it is relevant for specified purposes. Any Personal Data you provide to us that is not required is voluntary. Be advised that when you choose not to share certain information with us, it may limit your ability to access our Sites and services, and it may limit our ability to provide you with our complete array of services.
We may collect Personal Data about you, subject to applicable law, from a variety of sources as follows:
- We may obtain your Personal Data when you provide it to us (e.g., where you contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means).
- We may collect Personal Data that you manifestly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g., we may collect information from your social media profile(s), to the extent that you choose to make your profile publicly visible).
- We may collect or obtain Personal Data when you use or request information about our services, subscribe to marketing communications, request support, complete surveys or sign up for a BlockQuake event.
- We may collect or obtain Personal Data when you visit any of our Sites or use any features or resources available on or through our Sites. When you visit our Sites, your device and browser may automatically disclose certain information (such as device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to our Site and other technical communications information), some of which may constitute Personal Data.
- We may also create Personal Data about you, such as records of your interactions with us, subject to applicable law.
The categories of Personal Data about you that we may collect, subject to applicable law, are as follows:
- Contact details: name, address; telephone number; fax number; email address; and social media profile details.
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you choose to send to us, or publish about us on (including on social media platforms).
How Your Personal Data is Used
We use Personal Data collected as described in this Policy in order to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Sites;
- Provide you with the Sites and their content, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- Notify you when there are changes to any products or services we offer or provide though the Sites;
- Answer your questions, respond to your requests and quality control;
- Ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device for accessing the Sites and provide a personalized experience;
- Deliver targeted marketing messages and advertising, information about BlockQuake events or our partner events, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences (where this in accordance with the law);
- Conduct market or customer satisfaction research; and engage with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our products and services;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the User Agreement;
- To enforce our agreements with third parties;
- Collection/use is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
- Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest and occurs on the basis of an applicable law that is proportionate to the aim pursued and provides for suitable and specific measures to safeguard your fundamental rights and interests.
- Legal proceedings: establishing, exercising and defending legal rights.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to other entities, for legitimate business purposes (including providing services to you and operating our Sites), in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- you and, where appropriate, your family, your associates and your representatives;
- clients and customers of our businesses;
- data aggregation services;
- any relevant party, claimant, complainant, enquirer, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights in accordance with applicable law;
- any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security in accordance with applicable law;
- any relevant party to comply with legal requirements for the enforcement of laws, regulations, court orders, subpoenas, and warrants during the course of legal proceedings or otherwise; or to protect and safeguard our copyright, trademarks, legal rights, intellectual property rights or safety; or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceedings;
If we engage a third-party vendor to collect/process your Personal Data, the vendor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only collect/use the Personal Data in accordance with our prior written instructions; and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data; together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
Although not free from risk, including risk of cyberattacks, we have implemented reasonably appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of use, in accordance with applicable law.
We may store and process all or part of your personal information in the United States and elsewhere in the world where our facilities or our service providers are located.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet, wireless connections and mobile services is not completely secure. You are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Data that you send to us are sent securely. If you suspect that there has been a breach of the security of your data you should contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include details of the nature of the breach, the date of the breach, and the full circumstances of the breach.
International Transfer of Personal Data
Because of the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your Personal Data within BlockQuake and to third parties as noted above, in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy. For this reason, we may transfer your Personal Data to other countries. By using the Sites, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
The Sites may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other websites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Data and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should independently assess the authenticity of any site prior to providing Personal Data to such sites.
We take reasonable steps designed to ensure that your Personal Data that we Process is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; and any of your Personal Data that we Process that are inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are Processed) are erased or rectified without delay. From time to time we may ask you to confirm the accuracy of your Personal Data.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data are only retained for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. The criteria for determining the duration for which we will retain your Personal Data are as follows:
(1) we will retain copies of your Personal Data in a form that permits identification only for as long as:
a. we maintain an ongoing relationship with you (e.g., where you are a recipient of our services, or you are lawfully included in our mailing list and have not unsubscribed);
(2) the duration of:
a. any applicable limitation period under applicable law (i.e., any period during which any person could bring a legal claim against us in connection with your Personal Data, or to which your Personal Data may be relevant); and
b. an additional two (2) month period following the end of such applicable limitation period (so that, if a person brings a claim at the end of the limitation period, we are still afforded a reasonable amount of time in which to identify any Personal Data that are relevant to that claim),
(3) in addition, if any relevant legal claims are brought, we may continue to retain your Personal Data for such additional periods as are necessary in connection with that claim.
During the periods noted in paragraphs (2)a and (2)b above, we will restrict our use of your Personal Data to storage of, and maintaining the security of, those data, except to the extent that those data need to be reviewed in connection with any legal claim, or any obligation under applicable law.
Once the periods in paragraphs (1), (2) and (3) above, each to the extent applicable, have concluded, we will either:
- permanently delete or destroy the relevant Personal Data;
- archive your Personal Data so that it is beyond use; or
- anonymize the relevant Personal Data.
Access, Update, Withdraw Consent or Delete Your Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the Processing of your Personal Data, including:
- the right to request access to, or copies of, your Personal Data that we Process or control, together with information regarding the nature, processing and disclosure of those Personal Data;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Personal Data that we Process or control;
- the right to request, on legitimate grounds:
- erasure of your Personal Data that we Process or control; or
- restriction of Processing of your Personal Data that we Process or control;
- restriction of Processing of your Personal Data that we Process or control;
- where we Process your Personal Data on the basis of your consent, the right to withdraw that consent; and
- the right to lodge complaints with an independent public authority that is legally tasked with overseeing compliance with applicable data protection laws regarding the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Subject to applicable law, you may also have the following additional rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data:
- the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf; and
- the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf for direct marketing purposes.
To exercise one or more of these rights, or to ask a question about these rights or any other provision of this Policy, or about our Processing of your Personal Data, please use the contact details provided below.
We may Process your Personal Data to contact you, primarily by email and also on occasion by telephone, so that we can provide you with information concerning products and services that may be of interest, in accordance with applicable law.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us you can opt out at any time electronically unsubscribing from emails we have sent to you. After you unsubscribe, we will not send you further promotional emails, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any services you have requested.
Notice Concerning Children
We do not target our Sites either directly or indirectly towards children, nor do we knowingly collect information about children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that the information of a child under the age of 13 is stored within its system, we will promptly delete any information in that Account. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Data, please notify us immediately and we will terminate the account, if applicable, and delete such information.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us and we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Please include the following information in your request (a) Your name; (b) Your contact information, including phone number, mailing address, and email address; and (c) The precise nature of your request, inquiry, or complaint. You may contact us via email at: email@example.com or by writing to us at BlockQuake, 110 Wall Street, New York, New York, 10005, USA (Attention: Privacy Officer).